1. Nice Baddow is likely one of the largest villages in England. It’s roughly two miles south east of the city of Chelmsford within the county of Essex.
2. The village church is called St Marys. The ‘Males Of Essex’ met within the grounds of the church in 1381 and marched to London within the ill-fated Peasants’ Revolt led by Jack Straw.
3. There are 5 pubs in Nice Baddow. The Blue Lion, the Kings Head, the White Horse, the Beehive and the Star. It’s believed there was as soon as an underground tunnel becoming a member of the White Horse pub to St Mary’s Church which lies roughly 100 metres reverse.
4. Gt. Baddow has a inhabitants of over 13,000 folks.
5. The Nice Baddow Parish Council has 13 members and celebrated its centenary in 1994.
6. The identify of Nice Baddow is taken from an Anglo-French mixture which means – dangerous water.
7. The primary buying centre in Gt. Baddow known as ‘The Vineyards’. It’s constructed on a web site of a former nation home turned resort.
8. ‘The Vineyards’ has many retailers together with a hairdressers, a Chinese language restaurant and take-away, a chip store, the co-op grocery store, NatWest financial institution, Barclays financial institution, William Hill betting store, a greeting playing cards store, a newsagents, a butchers store, a fruit and vegetable store, a charity store and Boots the chemist.
9. Gt. Baddow was the house to a Marconi analysis centre (now BAE) for a few years. Main growth passed off within the village within the 1950’s with the constructing of the Rothmans Property for staff at Marconi’s and English Electrical Valve Firm in Chelmsford. Rothmans Faculty in Dorset Avenue has now modified its identify to Larkrise Faculty.
10. Gt. Baddow has a gorgeous park with ponds, tennis courts and soccer pitches. On the centre of the recreation floor is the Nice Baddow Millennium Group Centre.